Today we wrap up our short series on the Old Testament prophetic book of Job. A few key gleanings to take away with us:
- Joel was important in shaping Jewish-Christian theology, particularly with respect to the Holy Spirit's wide outpouring. How wide was perhaps the greatest task for early Christianity.
- As with other OT prophetic books of same genre, the day of Yahweh cannot mean a 24 hour period. Generations are concerned; major restoration and condemnation that…..
- Involves both natural and supernatural realms
- A stage of deportation seems already realised with some "Elders" left to oversee the precious land, although there is some movement through divine "timescape"
- Literal locust infestation seems unlikely, but remains possible.
- Not a full prophetic picture. Restoration where other nations are reclaimed. Link perhaps also with Peter's initial limitations.
Heiser's excellent Divine Council overview:
Download my sample chapter on the "Triune Hub" Jewish Christian religious mutation for free at https://www.academia.edu/34726445/Trinitarian_Interpretation_Mutated_Faith_and_the_Triune_Hub_Re-examining_the_Foundations_Chapter_1_