Farewell LORD, Hello GOD
Overcoming Other Hurdles: Yahweh our GodI identify five more important hurdles, even if all of these are relatively small or even tiny in comparison to the thousands of simple Yahweh occurrences. Today we will also attempt the first of these additional hurdles: Yahweh our God. In fact, Yahweh + possessive + God breaks down roughly as follows:
- Yahweh our God, approx 90 times,
- Yahweh your God approx 150 times,
- Yahweh his God approx 30 times (plus "Yahweh Israel's God, approx 90 times)
- Yahweh her God = never!
- Yahweh my God approx 20 times,
- Yahweh their God approx 40 times.
Since we have seen a suitable candidate for Yahweh translation is GOD all caps, then we have our translation solution for obstacle 1:
In my next post, I will proceed to the second obstacle in the path of the translation, GOD, “Lord of Lords”.